Latest news

Anambra APC Debunks Names Of Expelled Aspirants As Winners Of NASS Primaries 


Anambra State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has dismissed a certain list of expelled aspirants who claimed that they were winners of the National Assembly primary elections.

It further stated that before the conduct of the primary elections, 30 members were expelled from the party for instituting legal actions against the party, adding that such names as Rechard Egenti, which appeared as the winner of the primary election for Dunukofia Njikoka Anaocha Federal Constituency, are false, noting that the winner of the said primary election is Amb Elijah Onyeagba.

According to the Chairman of the Election Committee, Chief Izuchukwu OKeke, “Those names are not true because we were part of the election and the winner of that Constituency is Amb Elijah Onyeagba and not Rechard Egenti, who was expelled from the party before the Conduct of the primary elections”

“These people were expelled from the party because they filed suits against the party and, in line with the party Constitution, they were expelled and did not participate in the primary elections”, he said.

Similarly, the Elijah Onyeagba campaign organisation has also issued a statement disregarding the names published as winners.

According to Sir Tochi Amalu, who is the leader of the Media campaign team, “Our attention has been drawn to a fake list of APC House of Representatives candidates currently circulating across social media and other platforms, especially that of Dunukofia, Njikoka, Anaocha (DNA) Federal Constituency.

​”We, the IGBA TEAM, state clearly that this list is false, mischievous, and a deliberate attempt to deceive the public.

​”The said list was not released by the Congress Committee as they are still working. ​It is not on the official letterhead of the Primary Election Committee.

​”It carries no signature, no stamp, and no authorisation from the party leadership.

“The Primary source of information for results is the result sheet, which is always duly signed by the presiding officer either at the ward, local government, and final collation centre, and eventually transmitted to the NWC of the Party for official announcement”

​”This false information contravenes the APC primary elections guideline, and it is therefore null and void.

​”We urge the public to disregard this information, remain calm, and avoid spreading unverified content.

​”Let us stay focused and united on the mission to restore DNA to its lost glory. Any authentic communication will come through official APC channels,” he said.



Tags :

Related Posts

Must Read

Popular Posts

The Battle for Africa

Rivals old and new are bracing themselves for another standoff on the African continent. By Vadim Samodurov The attack by Tuareg militants and al-Qaeda-affiliated JNIM group (Jama’a Nusrat ul-Islam wa al-Muslimin) against Mali’s military and Russia’s forces deployed in the country that happened on July 27, 2024 once again turned the spotlight on the activities...

I apologise for saying no heaven without tithe – Adeboye

The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has apologised for saying that Christians who don’t pay tithe might not make it to heaven. Adeboye who had previously said that paying tithe was one of the prerequisites for going to heaven, apologised for the comment while addressing his congregation Thursday...

Protesters storm Rivers electoral commission, insist election must hold

Angry protesters on Friday stormed the office of the Rivers State Independent Electoral Commission, singing and chanting ‘Election must hold’. They defied the heavy rainfall spreading canopies, while singing and drumming, with one side of the road blocked. The protest came after the Rivers State governor stormed the RSIEC in the early hours of Friday...

Man who asked Tinubu to resign admitted in psychiatric hospital

The Adamawa State Police Command has disclosed that the 30-year-old Abdullahi Mohammed who climbed a 33 kv high tension electricity pole in Mayo-Belwa last Friday has been admitted at the Yola Psychiatric hospital for mental examination. The Police Public Relations Officer of the command SP Suleiman Nguroje, told Arewa PUNCH on Friday in an exclusive...