Latest news

PDP Clears Jonathan To Contest 2027 Presidency.


The People’s Democratic Party (PDP) has cleared former President Goodluck Jonathan to contest the 2027 presidential election on its platform.

Former Niger State governor, Muazu Babangida Aliyu, who announced this in Abuja on Tuesday, said that Jonathan was given a waiver and did not need to appear before the screening committee.

Dr Aliyu, who is the Chairman of the screening committee, told journalists, “The party had already given a presidential aspirant a waiver from screening.

“As I said in the beginning, he was deputy governor, became governor, became vice president, became president, so we didn’t see anything that needed screening.

“And therefore, the party had given him a waiver. In other words, he has been declared and cleared as a candidate of the PDP for the presidential election, and that is former President Jonathan.”

He also disclosed that the committee has a similar waiver for the National Secretary, Ambassador Taofeek Arapaja, to contest the Oyo State governorship.



Tags :

Related Posts

Must Read

Popular Posts

The Battle for Africa

Rivals old and new are bracing themselves for another standoff on the African continent. By Vadim Samodurov The attack by Tuareg militants and al-Qaeda-affiliated JNIM group (Jama’a Nusrat ul-Islam wa al-Muslimin) against Mali’s military and Russia’s forces deployed in the country that happened on July 27, 2024 once again turned the spotlight on the activities...

I apologise for saying no heaven without tithe – Adeboye

The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has apologised for saying that Christians who don’t pay tithe might not make it to heaven. Adeboye who had previously said that paying tithe was one of the prerequisites for going to heaven, apologised for the comment while addressing his congregation Thursday...

Protesters storm Rivers electoral commission, insist election must hold

Angry protesters on Friday stormed the office of the Rivers State Independent Electoral Commission, singing and chanting ‘Election must hold’. They defied the heavy rainfall spreading canopies, while singing and drumming, with one side of the road blocked. The protest came after the Rivers State governor stormed the RSIEC in the early hours of Friday...

Man who asked Tinubu to resign admitted in psychiatric hospital

The Adamawa State Police Command has disclosed that the 30-year-old Abdullahi Mohammed who climbed a 33 kv high tension electricity pole in Mayo-Belwa last Friday has been admitted at the Yola Psychiatric hospital for mental examination. The Police Public Relations Officer of the command SP Suleiman Nguroje, told Arewa PUNCH on Friday in an exclusive...