Latest news

Ex-Dep Gov Rejects Result In Ondo South


A former Deputy Governor of Ondo State, Hon Agboola Ajayi, has rejected the outcome of the senatorial election declared for the Ondo South senatorial district.

Ajayi stated that the results available from the various wards where the election took place did not align with the results declared by the Returning Officer (RO) of the election, Comrade Tunde Monehin.

In a statement titled “Setting the Record Straight,” Ajayi expressed optimism that he was the person who was supposed to be declared a winner in the primary election.

He said, “We need to alert the public that the result so declared is not a true reflection of what transpired on the field during the election.

“Our agents in all the wards and local government areas in the district, having observed the primary election in their various domains, turned in their results to our collation committee, and after careful and painstaking collation by us, we detected a very sharp difference from what was declared at the Senatorial headquarters in Okitipupa yesterday.

“The full and detailed results from all the wards are with us, but in line with our great party, APC, National Secretariat directive, we have decided to step down the detailed results for now and explore our internal party machinery in resolving this knotty issue with our party leaders and stakeholders.

“But it should be noted that the primary election result in Ondo South Senatorial District announced by the Comrade Monehin-panel is not the true wishes of the majority of APC members in our Senatorial district who came out in large numbers on Monday to vote in the direct primary election.

“We now wonder how the Comrade Monehin-led collation panel arrived at the results announced on Monday evening ( 18th May, 2026) at Okitipupa, as it goes beyond all forms of logic and democratic transparency.

“Our collated results are with us and intact, it can be presented to the National Secretariat of our great party if there is any need for it.”



Tags :

Related Posts

Must Read

Popular Posts

The Battle for Africa

Rivals old and new are bracing themselves for another standoff on the African continent. By Vadim Samodurov The attack by Tuareg militants and al-Qaeda-affiliated JNIM group (Jama’a Nusrat ul-Islam wa al-Muslimin) against Mali’s military and Russia’s forces deployed in the country that happened on July 27, 2024 once again turned the spotlight on the activities...

I apologise for saying no heaven without tithe – Adeboye

The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has apologised for saying that Christians who don’t pay tithe might not make it to heaven. Adeboye who had previously said that paying tithe was one of the prerequisites for going to heaven, apologised for the comment while addressing his congregation Thursday...

Protesters storm Rivers electoral commission, insist election must hold

Angry protesters on Friday stormed the office of the Rivers State Independent Electoral Commission, singing and chanting ‘Election must hold’. They defied the heavy rainfall spreading canopies, while singing and drumming, with one side of the road blocked. The protest came after the Rivers State governor stormed the RSIEC in the early hours of Friday...

Man who asked Tinubu to resign admitted in psychiatric hospital

The Adamawa State Police Command has disclosed that the 30-year-old Abdullahi Mohammed who climbed a 33 kv high tension electricity pole in Mayo-Belwa last Friday has been admitted at the Yola Psychiatric hospital for mental examination. The Police Public Relations Officer of the command SP Suleiman Nguroje, told Arewa PUNCH on Friday in an exclusive...