Latest news

Bauchi PDP Aspirant Rejects Reps Primary Outcome


Fresh controversy has trailed the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) House of Representatives primary for Bogoro/Dass/Tafawa Balewa Federal Constituency in Bauchi State following the rejection of the exercise by one of the aspirants, Godfrey Manasseh Marti.

Marti, who addressed journalists in Bauchi on Monday, alleged that he was unlawfully denied participation in the primary despite meeting all constitutional and party requirements.

The aggrieved aspirant insisted that no legitimate primary election was conducted in the constituency and accused party officials of undermining internal democracy.

He said he purchased nomination and expression of interest forms, submitted the necessary documents and paid all required fees before his alleged exclusion from the final list of cleared aspirants.

Marti claimed that no official reason was given for the action, describing it as arbitrary and unconstitutional.

“The people deserve a free and fair process where the best candidate emerges through the will of party members, not through backroom decisions,” he stated.

He warned that the alleged exclusion could deepen discontent within the party and weaken the PDP’s credibility ahead of future elections.

The aspirant demanded an independent investigation by the PDP National Working Committee into the screening and clearance process for the constituency.

He also called for the cancellation of the purported primary and the conduct of a fresh and inclusive exercise.

Marti appealed to the PDP national leadership, the Bauchi State chapter and the party’s Board of Trustees to intervene urgently, stressing that justice delayed would amount to injustice against party members in the constituency.

“Unlawful Denial of Right to Participate in the PDP Primary for Bogoro/Dass/Tafawa Balewa Federal Constituency,” Marti alleged.

The PDP primary was conducted under the leadership of the faction of Nigeria’s main opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) headed by Abdulrahman Mohammed, an ally of the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike.



Tags :

Related Posts

Must Read

Popular Posts

The Battle for Africa

Rivals old and new are bracing themselves for another standoff on the African continent. By Vadim Samodurov The attack by Tuareg militants and al-Qaeda-affiliated JNIM group (Jama’a Nusrat ul-Islam wa al-Muslimin) against Mali’s military and Russia’s forces deployed in the country that happened on July 27, 2024 once again turned the spotlight on the activities...

I apologise for saying no heaven without tithe – Adeboye

The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has apologised for saying that Christians who don’t pay tithe might not make it to heaven. Adeboye who had previously said that paying tithe was one of the prerequisites for going to heaven, apologised for the comment while addressing his congregation Thursday...

Protesters storm Rivers electoral commission, insist election must hold

Angry protesters on Friday stormed the office of the Rivers State Independent Electoral Commission, singing and chanting ‘Election must hold’. They defied the heavy rainfall spreading canopies, while singing and drumming, with one side of the road blocked. The protest came after the Rivers State governor stormed the RSIEC in the early hours of Friday...

Man who asked Tinubu to resign admitted in psychiatric hospital

The Adamawa State Police Command has disclosed that the 30-year-old Abdullahi Mohammed who climbed a 33 kv high tension electricity pole in Mayo-Belwa last Friday has been admitted at the Yola Psychiatric hospital for mental examination. The Police Public Relations Officer of the command SP Suleiman Nguroje, told Arewa PUNCH on Friday in an exclusive...