Latest news

Why I Withdrew From Kwara APC Guber Race


Reaffirms loyalty to Tinubu, APC

Professor Abubakar Sulaiman, on Tuesday, revealed why he withdrew from the Kwara State governorship race ahead of the All Progressives Congress (APC) primaries, saying the decision was guided by wisdom and responsibility to the state.

Sulaiman, who is the Director General of the National Institute for Legislative and Democratic Studies (NILDS), gave this clarification on Tuesday, in a statement he personally signed and forwarded to journalists in Abuja.

He said that he decided to withdraw from the race after extensive consultations and recent political developments in the state, stressing that the move was not motivated by personal ambition but by a desire to serve Kwara’s broader interest.

Sulaiman, who is a former Minister of National Planning, also reaffirmed his loyalty and commitment to the ruling party and the leadership of President Bola Tinubu.

The statement reads: “Over the past few years, I have had the privilege of engaging with citizens across our dear state. In those conversations, I encountered a shared hope for a safer, stronger, more united, and more prosperous Kwara State.

“It was this belief in the promise and potential of our state that inspired my decision to seek the governorship of Kwara State, not out of personal ambition, but from a sincere desire to contribute to the progress, unity, and development of our state.

“I remain deeply humbled by the encouragement, prayers, goodwill, and overwhelming support shown to me by Kwarans across Kwara North, Kwara South, and Kwara Central.

“After extensive consultations and recent developments, I have decided to withdraw from the gubernatorial race ahead of the forthcoming party primaries.

“This decision was not made lightly. However, I believe leadership must always be guided by wisdom, responsibility, and commitment to the greater good.

“While I may no longer be participating in this contest, my belief in the future of Kwara State remains unwavering. I also reaffirm my loyalty and commitment to our great party, the APC, and to the leadership of His Excellency, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR.

“As a loyal party member and stakeholder, I remain committed to the success of the APC in the upcoming elections at all levels and will continue to support efforts aimed at strengthening our party and advancing peace, unity, and progress in Kwara State and Nigeria.

“To all my supporters, friends, and well-wishers, thank you for standing with me throughout this journey. Your goodwill will never be forgotten.

“This may mark the end of a political process, but not the end of our shared commitment to building a better Kwara State.”



Tags :

Related Posts

Must Read

Popular Posts

The Battle for Africa

Rivals old and new are bracing themselves for another standoff on the African continent. By Vadim Samodurov The attack by Tuareg militants and al-Qaeda-affiliated JNIM group (Jama’a Nusrat ul-Islam wa al-Muslimin) against Mali’s military and Russia’s forces deployed in the country that happened on July 27, 2024 once again turned the spotlight on the activities...

I apologise for saying no heaven without tithe – Adeboye

The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has apologised for saying that Christians who don’t pay tithe might not make it to heaven. Adeboye who had previously said that paying tithe was one of the prerequisites for going to heaven, apologised for the comment while addressing his congregation Thursday...

Protesters storm Rivers electoral commission, insist election must hold

Angry protesters on Friday stormed the office of the Rivers State Independent Electoral Commission, singing and chanting ‘Election must hold’. They defied the heavy rainfall spreading canopies, while singing and drumming, with one side of the road blocked. The protest came after the Rivers State governor stormed the RSIEC in the early hours of Friday...

Man who asked Tinubu to resign admitted in psychiatric hospital

The Adamawa State Police Command has disclosed that the 30-year-old Abdullahi Mohammed who climbed a 33 kv high tension electricity pole in Mayo-Belwa last Friday has been admitted at the Yola Psychiatric hospital for mental examination. The Police Public Relations Officer of the command SP Suleiman Nguroje, told Arewa PUNCH on Friday in an exclusive...