Latest news

10,000 Abia Students Get Free JAMB Forms As SERHA Rolls Out


No fewer than 10,000 students across the 17 Local Government Areas of Abia State would sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) free of charge, following the launch of a large-scale JAMB scholarship scheme by the South East Renewed Hope Agenda (SERHA).

The initiative, unveiled in Umuahia, is one of the biggest private education support interventions in the state’s recent history, targeting indigent but academically promising students who might otherwise miss the opportunity due to financial hardship.

The National Coordinator of SERHA, Belusochukwu Enwere, described the programme as a strategic investment in the future of Abia youths and a deliberate effort to break financial barriers to higher education.

He said, “Today is not just about registration. It is about hope, opportunity, and investing in the future of Abia State.”

Enwere explained that the scholarship was designed to ensure that no qualified student in the state is denied the chance to sit for the examination conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board due to lack of funds.

According to him, the programme seeks to reduce the financial burden on parents and guardians, encourage academic excellence, and expand access to tertiary education across the state.

He noted that sponsoring 10,000 candidates underscores SERHA’s belief in the intellectual capacity of Abia youths and its commitment to equal opportunity in higher education as he insisted, “This is not politics as usual; this is purposeful leadership in action.”

Enwere further said the initiative aligns with the Renewed Hope Agenda of Bola Ahmed Tinubu, describing the scholarship as a vote of confidence in the beneficiaries’ potential.

“As we sponsor your JAMB registration, we expect commitment and excellence. Make Abia proud. Make Nigeria proud,” he charged.

The SERHA coordinator also acknowledged the sacrifices made by parents and guardians, noting that the scheme was structured to complement their efforts in securing a brighter future for their children.

He commended stakeholders and partners who supported the initiative and expressed optimism that the programme would be expanded in subsequent years to accommodate more students.

Reaffirming SERHA’s youth-focused and education-driven agenda, Enwere said the JAMB sponsorship marks the beginning of broader interventions aimed at uplifting communities and promoting sustainable development across the South East.

While urging beneficiaries to prepare diligently for the examination, stressing that success comes through preparation and perseverance,
Enwere expressed hope that the scholarship would open doors of admission, excellence and leadership for thousands of Abia youths.

The launch attracted students, parents and education stakeholders, many of whom described the initiative as timely in the face of current economic realities.



Tags :

Related Posts

Must Read

Popular Posts

The Battle for Africa

Rivals old and new are bracing themselves for another standoff on the African continent. By Vadim Samodurov The attack by Tuareg militants and al-Qaeda-affiliated JNIM group (Jama’a Nusrat ul-Islam wa al-Muslimin) against Mali’s military and Russia’s forces deployed in the country that happened on July 27, 2024 once again turned the spotlight on the activities...

I apologise for saying no heaven without tithe – Adeboye

The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has apologised for saying that Christians who don’t pay tithe might not make it to heaven. Adeboye who had previously said that paying tithe was one of the prerequisites for going to heaven, apologised for the comment while addressing his congregation Thursday...

Protesters storm Rivers electoral commission, insist election must hold

Angry protesters on Friday stormed the office of the Rivers State Independent Electoral Commission, singing and chanting ‘Election must hold’. They defied the heavy rainfall spreading canopies, while singing and drumming, with one side of the road blocked. The protest came after the Rivers State governor stormed the RSIEC in the early hours of Friday...

Man who asked Tinubu to resign admitted in psychiatric hospital

The Adamawa State Police Command has disclosed that the 30-year-old Abdullahi Mohammed who climbed a 33 kv high tension electricity pole in Mayo-Belwa last Friday has been admitted at the Yola Psychiatric hospital for mental examination. The Police Public Relations Officer of the command SP Suleiman Nguroje, told Arewa PUNCH on Friday in an exclusive...