Latest news

Zulum Lauds Tinubu, Shettima As Gubio Emerges Borno APC’s Guber Candidate


…I will consolidate on Zulum’s gains – Gubio

Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum, has hailed President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Vice President Kashim Shettima following the emergence of Mustapha Gubio as the gubernatorial candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), in the 2027 general elections.

Speaking shortly after the affirmation ceremony in Maiduguri on Thursday, Governor Zulum emphasised that Gubio’s emergence was not a product of political manoeuvring but the will of Allah.

He stated, “What we saw today is the will of Almighty Allah. Allah, in his infinite wisdom, gives power to whom he wills. There is nothing I can say other than to extend my appreciation to the Almighty Allah, who has given us the opportunity to witness this very important occasion.

“I want to convey my deepest appreciation to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and, indeed, my boss, Senator Kashim Shettima, for all the support they have rendered to us that has ensured the consensus that led to the emergence of Alhaji Mustapha Gubio.”

The governor further expressed profound gratitude to Tinubu and Shettima for providing “an enabling environment” for the rancour-free primary election across the state.

He noted that their commitment to internal party democracy has strengthened the APC’s cohesion in Borno State.

Before  Thursday’s affirmation, Engr Mustapha Gubio had emerged as the APC’s consensus candidate following a series of consultations among critical stakeholders.

The affirmation ceremony was presided over by Borno’s primary election committee’s chairman, Chief Emma Eneukwu, at the defunct Kashim Ibrahim College of Education, Maiduguri.

In his remarks, Vice President Shettima, who personally attended the affirmation ceremony, called for unity among all party faithful, particularly those who lost out in the delegates’ selection.

The VP said, “I want to commend the good people of Borno for the orderly conduct of all our elections. There is no victor, no vanquished in this contest. As rightly captured by the governor of Borno State,  it is Allah that gives power to whomever he wills at his own appointed time.

“I wish to implore all those who might have lost out in the contest to represent our different constituencies to please let us sheath our swords for the good of our people.”

In attendance were dignitaries like former Governors Ali Modu Sheriff and Senator Maina Ma’aji Lawan.

Other stakeholders, including APC’s Deputy National Chairman (North), Ali Dalori, APC State Chairman, Bello Ayuba, Senator Mohammed Tahir Monguno, Senator Kaka Shehu Lawan, among others, blessed the affirmation amidst a crowd of supporters in Maiduguri.



Tags :

Related Posts

Must Read

Popular Posts

The Battle for Africa

Rivals old and new are bracing themselves for another standoff on the African continent. By Vadim Samodurov The attack by Tuareg militants and al-Qaeda-affiliated JNIM group (Jama’a Nusrat ul-Islam wa al-Muslimin) against Mali’s military and Russia’s forces deployed in the country that happened on July 27, 2024 once again turned the spotlight on the activities...

I apologise for saying no heaven without tithe – Adeboye

The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has apologised for saying that Christians who don’t pay tithe might not make it to heaven. Adeboye who had previously said that paying tithe was one of the prerequisites for going to heaven, apologised for the comment while addressing his congregation Thursday...

Protesters storm Rivers electoral commission, insist election must hold

Angry protesters on Friday stormed the office of the Rivers State Independent Electoral Commission, singing and chanting ‘Election must hold’. They defied the heavy rainfall spreading canopies, while singing and drumming, with one side of the road blocked. The protest came after the Rivers State governor stormed the RSIEC in the early hours of Friday...

Man who asked Tinubu to resign admitted in psychiatric hospital

The Adamawa State Police Command has disclosed that the 30-year-old Abdullahi Mohammed who climbed a 33 kv high tension electricity pole in Mayo-Belwa last Friday has been admitted at the Yola Psychiatric hospital for mental examination. The Police Public Relations Officer of the command SP Suleiman Nguroje, told Arewa PUNCH on Friday in an exclusive...