Latest news

Pantami Withdraws From Gombe APC Governorship Primary


Former Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has withdrawn from the governorship primary of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Gombe State.

In a statement issued on behalf of the Pantamiyya Movement, Pantami said his decision followed extensive consultations with stakeholders and concerns over what he described as the party’s failure to provide critical information necessary for a credible direct primary election.

Also, he cited alleged violations of the Electoral Act 2026 and lack of transparency in the party’s primary process.

According to the statement, repeated letters sent by Pantami’s legal representatives to APC leadership seeking clarification on procedures, accreditation of agents and observers, collation centres, and voting guidelines were allegedly ignored.

READ ALSO:

The former minister stated that the absence of clear communication and adherence to electoral guidelines undermined the legitimacy of the process, especially after what he claimed transpired during the APC National Assembly primaries in Gombe State.

Pantami maintained that no genuine election took place during the earlier primaries, alleging that grassroots members were sidelined while results were announced without proper voting procedures.

He further stated that despite President Bola Tinubu’s call for free, fair, and credible direct primaries nationwide, those directives were not implemented in Gombe State.

The statement also highlighted Pantami’s participation in the peace accord organised by the Nigeria Police Force in Gombe, noting that he was the only APC governorship aspirant represented at the event and the only camp to sign the accord.

Pantami expressed appreciation to supporters, especially youths who reportedly contributed through crowdfunding to purchase his nomination forms, insisting that the movement remains committed to good governance and lawful political engagement.

The Pantamiyya Movement said it would announce its next political steps in due course as political alignments continue ahead of the 2027 elections.



Tags :

Related Posts

Must Read

Popular Posts

The Battle for Africa

Rivals old and new are bracing themselves for another standoff on the African continent. By Vadim Samodurov The attack by Tuareg militants and al-Qaeda-affiliated JNIM group (Jama’a Nusrat ul-Islam wa al-Muslimin) against Mali’s military and Russia’s forces deployed in the country that happened on July 27, 2024 once again turned the spotlight on the activities...

I apologise for saying no heaven without tithe – Adeboye

The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has apologised for saying that Christians who don’t pay tithe might not make it to heaven. Adeboye who had previously said that paying tithe was one of the prerequisites for going to heaven, apologised for the comment while addressing his congregation Thursday...

Protesters storm Rivers electoral commission, insist election must hold

Angry protesters on Friday stormed the office of the Rivers State Independent Electoral Commission, singing and chanting ‘Election must hold’. They defied the heavy rainfall spreading canopies, while singing and drumming, with one side of the road blocked. The protest came after the Rivers State governor stormed the RSIEC in the early hours of Friday...

Man who asked Tinubu to resign admitted in psychiatric hospital

The Adamawa State Police Command has disclosed that the 30-year-old Abdullahi Mohammed who climbed a 33 kv high tension electricity pole in Mayo-Belwa last Friday has been admitted at the Yola Psychiatric hospital for mental examination. The Police Public Relations Officer of the command SP Suleiman Nguroje, told Arewa PUNCH on Friday in an exclusive...