Latest news

Kehinde Bankole Demands Proactive Actions To End Kidnappings


Award-winning Nigerian actress Kehinde Bankole has called on the Federal Government, the Office of National Security Adviser (ONSA), and the nation’s intelligence agencies to promptly utilise “Full wrath and force” to halt the rising trend of kidnappings in the country.

In a social media post on Wednesday, the actress expressed the increasing fatigue of daily Nigerians, stating that the public is fed up with “Condolence speeches” and insisted on prompt, strategic actions to protect citizens’ lives.

Bankole addressed a political argument, suggesting that increasing insecurity and kidnappings are funded by opposition figures or saboteurs aiming to undermine the current administration.

“It is no longer about why it is happening; it is now simply about lives! Lives are being lost! This should not be our new normal: children running for their lives in 2026! Oh God,” she wrote.

READ ALSO:

Instead of citing “sabotage” as a rationale, Bankole contended that these theories should drive the state’s security forces to respond with even more intensity.

She wrote, “Even if the kidnappings are a smear campaign on the government, it should be all the more reason for the Office of the National Security Advisor, along with the Presidency, to tackle insecurity with full wrath and force.

“Find a way! No bigger political campaign. Tactically, flush out their “saboteurs” if that exists. That should be the focus now.

“They must make the National Intelligence Agency, the DSS, the Ministry of Defence, and security agencies work! Because enough is enough! The people are tired of condolence speeches and need only bigger action, “ she said.

The actress stated that the political class must move beyond codified speeches to provide solutions.

“Our cry is for something decisive to be done and to be done fast. They must put everyone to work! They must tactfully fish out who is causing this and find a way. All hands have to be forced to be on deck! The people need only results, no more condolence speeches,” she wrote.



Tags :

Related Posts

Must Read

Popular Posts

The Battle for Africa

Rivals old and new are bracing themselves for another standoff on the African continent. By Vadim Samodurov The attack by Tuareg militants and al-Qaeda-affiliated JNIM group (Jama’a Nusrat ul-Islam wa al-Muslimin) against Mali’s military and Russia’s forces deployed in the country that happened on July 27, 2024 once again turned the spotlight on the activities...

I apologise for saying no heaven without tithe – Adeboye

The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has apologised for saying that Christians who don’t pay tithe might not make it to heaven. Adeboye who had previously said that paying tithe was one of the prerequisites for going to heaven, apologised for the comment while addressing his congregation Thursday...

Protesters storm Rivers electoral commission, insist election must hold

Angry protesters on Friday stormed the office of the Rivers State Independent Electoral Commission, singing and chanting ‘Election must hold’. They defied the heavy rainfall spreading canopies, while singing and drumming, with one side of the road blocked. The protest came after the Rivers State governor stormed the RSIEC in the early hours of Friday...

Man who asked Tinubu to resign admitted in psychiatric hospital

The Adamawa State Police Command has disclosed that the 30-year-old Abdullahi Mohammed who climbed a 33 kv high tension electricity pole in Mayo-Belwa last Friday has been admitted at the Yola Psychiatric hospital for mental examination. The Police Public Relations Officer of the command SP Suleiman Nguroje, told Arewa PUNCH on Friday in an exclusive...