Latest news

Zamfara Primaries: Aspirant Rejects Consensus


Following the results presented by the All Progressives Congress (APC) National Committee for the primary elections of the National Assemblies in Zamfara State, an aspirant who contested for the Shinkafi/Zurmi federal constituency, Hon. Usman Ajiya Shinkafi, has strongly condemned consensus as optional.

Speaking to newsmen in Gusau, Zamfara State capital, Shinkafi, who is a former Zamfara Director General on Security and Intelligence Gathering, cried that he was not in any way contacted to seek his opinion regarding the primaries by either the leaders of the APC or the assigned committee by the party’s national headquarters to run the exercise.

According to him, the results were only drafted in order to please some aspirants with leaders in power at the top, but not eventually a proper channel to help promote the party’s popularity to win the 2027 elections in the state, because the contestants are not willingly chosen by the people to be represented.

“I am still contesting, I do not care about their decision to opt for consensus as the only way of producing the APC candidates to contest during the 2027 general elections, although I am yet to decide what to do, but whatever my decision shall be, shall be lawful”, Ajiya has insisted.

The aspirant further informed his teeming supporters that he is still in the contest for the position of a member of the House of Representatives on the platform of the APC and would not defect to any political party.

“From the beginning, I renounced my intention to contest because of my mentor and political godfather, Mahmud Aliyu Shinkafi, who declared his ambition to aspire for the position of Senate, and I did not want to show my ambition just to avoid grudges that the two positions come from the same local government area, Shinkafi.

“But, being that Mahmud Shinkafi was disqualified in the primary elections process by the assigned committee, the soul returned to my ambition, which I am out for and would not renounce it, for this, I am calling on my supporters, to remain calm and law-abiding as I will continue to pursue their seized mandate”, Ajiya has assured.



Tags :

Related Posts

Must Read

Popular Posts

The Battle for Africa

Rivals old and new are bracing themselves for another standoff on the African continent. By Vadim Samodurov The attack by Tuareg militants and al-Qaeda-affiliated JNIM group (Jama’a Nusrat ul-Islam wa al-Muslimin) against Mali’s military and Russia’s forces deployed in the country that happened on July 27, 2024 once again turned the spotlight on the activities...

I apologise for saying no heaven without tithe – Adeboye

The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has apologised for saying that Christians who don’t pay tithe might not make it to heaven. Adeboye who had previously said that paying tithe was one of the prerequisites for going to heaven, apologised for the comment while addressing his congregation Thursday...

Protesters storm Rivers electoral commission, insist election must hold

Angry protesters on Friday stormed the office of the Rivers State Independent Electoral Commission, singing and chanting ‘Election must hold’. They defied the heavy rainfall spreading canopies, while singing and drumming, with one side of the road blocked. The protest came after the Rivers State governor stormed the RSIEC in the early hours of Friday...

Man who asked Tinubu to resign admitted in psychiatric hospital

The Adamawa State Police Command has disclosed that the 30-year-old Abdullahi Mohammed who climbed a 33 kv high tension electricity pole in Mayo-Belwa last Friday has been admitted at the Yola Psychiatric hospital for mental examination. The Police Public Relations Officer of the command SP Suleiman Nguroje, told Arewa PUNCH on Friday in an exclusive...