Latest news

Frank Edoho Denies Wife’s Allegations, Initiates Legal Battle


Popular Nigerian Television host Frank Edoho has reacted to the allegations levelled against him by his estranged wife, Sandra Edoho, saying the matter is now being handled legally.

Debunking the allegations in a statement on his verified Instagram account on Wednesday, the media personality and host of “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire” described the accusations as untrue.

Edoho, who strongly denied the accusations, said, “Let me state, clearly and unequivocally, that the allegations made against me are false.”

“Over the past few days, a number of grave allegations concerning my person have been circulated in the public space.

“I am fully aware of the concern, commentary, and attention this has generated.”

Speaking on why he would not engage in a public back-and-forth over the matter, Edoho explained that exercising caution was the best approach given the circumstances.

READ ALSO:

“At moments such as this, experience teaches that not every accusation merits a public contest, nor does every provocation require an answer in the court of public opinion. There are times when restraint is not weakness but wisdom, and this is one of them,” he said.

He further disclosed that the issues are currently before the appropriate authorities. “I have chosen to address these issues through the appropriate legal channels, where facts, not noise, will prevail.”

Edoho also lamented the impact the situation has had on people who are not directly connected to the dispute.

“I am deeply saddened that during this situation, individuals who have absolutely no connection to these issues have had their names, identities, and privacy drawn into public discourse. For that, I am sincerely sorry,” he wrote.

The broadcaster also apologised to business associates and partners whose reputations may have been affected by the controversy.

“I wish to extend my sincere apologies to my sponsors, brand partners, collaborators, professional associates, and everyone whose goodwill, trust, and reputation may have been affected,” he added.

Regarding the ongoing case, Edoho stated that he would refrain from making additional public remarks.

“Because these issues are now the subject of ongoing legal and investigative processes before the relevant authorities and the courts, it would be inappropriate for me to make further substantive comments at this time.”

He also appealed for understanding and privacy for his children, noting that the situation has been especially difficult for them.

“This is an especially difficult period, most of all for my children, who neither chose this moment nor deserve to bear the weight of public intrusion arising from it,” he said.

“I respectfully ask that their privacy be protected, and that space be given for the lawful processes now underway to run their course.”

Edoho concluded by reiterating his devotion to his family, particularly his children, saying: “Above all, I am a father, deeply committed to the welfare, dignity, and protection of my children.”



Tags :

Related Posts

Must Read

Popular Posts

The Battle for Africa

Rivals old and new are bracing themselves for another standoff on the African continent. By Vadim Samodurov The attack by Tuareg militants and al-Qaeda-affiliated JNIM group (Jama’a Nusrat ul-Islam wa al-Muslimin) against Mali’s military and Russia’s forces deployed in the country that happened on July 27, 2024 once again turned the spotlight on the activities...

I apologise for saying no heaven without tithe – Adeboye

The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has apologised for saying that Christians who don’t pay tithe might not make it to heaven. Adeboye who had previously said that paying tithe was one of the prerequisites for going to heaven, apologised for the comment while addressing his congregation Thursday...

Protesters storm Rivers electoral commission, insist election must hold

Angry protesters on Friday stormed the office of the Rivers State Independent Electoral Commission, singing and chanting ‘Election must hold’. They defied the heavy rainfall spreading canopies, while singing and drumming, with one side of the road blocked. The protest came after the Rivers State governor stormed the RSIEC in the early hours of Friday...

Man who asked Tinubu to resign admitted in psychiatric hospital

The Adamawa State Police Command has disclosed that the 30-year-old Abdullahi Mohammed who climbed a 33 kv high tension electricity pole in Mayo-Belwa last Friday has been admitted at the Yola Psychiatric hospital for mental examination. The Police Public Relations Officer of the command SP Suleiman Nguroje, told Arewa PUNCH on Friday in an exclusive...