Latest news

I Spent Over 100M To Renovate My Club- Pretty Mike


Controversial Lagos socialite and nightlife entrepreneur, Mike Nwogu, popularly known as Pretty Mike, has claimed that after the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) closed his nightclub, Proxy, for months, he has spent more than N100 million restoring it.

Speaking with reporters at the club, Pretty Mike said the refurbishment project was required in order to reposition the company and enhance the general customer experience following the shutdown.

He claimed that the nightclub was closed for almost nine months, which he said was difficult both financially and emotionally for him and his teammates.

The nightlife entrepreneur explained that despite the prolonged closure, he was able to stay afloat through multiple income streams and support from family members and business associates.

“I spent over N100 million renovating the club. After everything that happened, I felt there was a need to rebuild and create something even better for people who support my business,” he said.

“The brand, Pretty Mike, is always making money. That is what has kept me afloat regardless,” he stated.

READ ALSO:

Pretty Mike revealed that beyond nightlife, he is actively involved in construction and real estate businesses, where he builds and sells properties.

“I have a construction firm. I’m also slightly into real estate, where I build and sell properties. Then, of course, there’s family support. People feel safe investing with me because they know I’m not the type to disappear,” he added.

He further noted that the credibility he has built over the years has encouraged many people to invest in his projects and businesses.

Speaking on his controversial public image, the socialite admitted that controversy has become attached to his brand over time, although he does not deliberately seek scandals.

“My brand is already a controversial brand. It doesn’t necessarily mean I like controversy, but I found out that in this business, it is part of it,” he said.

Despite his flamboyant public appearances, Pretty Mike described himself as a private person who naturally prefers a quiet lifestyle.

“I actually hate parties and loud music. I like staying indoors by myself, but because nightlife is my business and source of income, I have to push myself out there,” he explained.

On marriage, Pretty Mike said he still hopes to settle down in the future, describing marriage as an important life achievement.

“Am I looking forward to marriage? Yes. I believe marriage is a major achievement. There’s nothing more beautiful than building a family and raising children together,” he said.

He, however, noted that the increasing rate of failed marriages has made many single people more cautious about settling down.

“For me, it’s about behaviour, attitude and personality. Physical appearance is not enough to sustain a marriage,” he added.

The socialite also stressed that character and attitude matter more to him than physical appearance when choosing a life partner.



Tags :

Related Posts

Must Read

Popular Posts

The Battle for Africa

Rivals old and new are bracing themselves for another standoff on the African continent. By Vadim Samodurov The attack by Tuareg militants and al-Qaeda-affiliated JNIM group (Jama’a Nusrat ul-Islam wa al-Muslimin) against Mali’s military and Russia’s forces deployed in the country that happened on July 27, 2024 once again turned the spotlight on the activities...

I apologise for saying no heaven without tithe – Adeboye

The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has apologised for saying that Christians who don’t pay tithe might not make it to heaven. Adeboye who had previously said that paying tithe was one of the prerequisites for going to heaven, apologised for the comment while addressing his congregation Thursday...

Protesters storm Rivers electoral commission, insist election must hold

Angry protesters on Friday stormed the office of the Rivers State Independent Electoral Commission, singing and chanting ‘Election must hold’. They defied the heavy rainfall spreading canopies, while singing and drumming, with one side of the road blocked. The protest came after the Rivers State governor stormed the RSIEC in the early hours of Friday...

Man who asked Tinubu to resign admitted in psychiatric hospital

The Adamawa State Police Command has disclosed that the 30-year-old Abdullahi Mohammed who climbed a 33 kv high tension electricity pole in Mayo-Belwa last Friday has been admitted at the Yola Psychiatric hospital for mental examination. The Police Public Relations Officer of the command SP Suleiman Nguroje, told Arewa PUNCH on Friday in an exclusive...