The Theatre Command of the Joint Task Force North-East, Operation HADIN KAI, has denied allegations circulating on social media that troops deployed to the region were being owed allowances and that a soldier was intimidated for speaking out.
The Theatre Command’s Media Information Officer, Lieutenant Colonel Sani Uba, in a statement issued on Sunday, said the military described the allegations as “False, misleading, and a deliberate attempt to misinform the public and discredit the military command structure.”
The Command maintained that all approved entitlements for personnel serving under Operation HADIN KAI had been paid up to date as of May 2026.
According to the Army, the allowances covered include Ration Cash Allowance, Operational Allowance, and Habit Allowance, which are either paid directly to personnel or disbursed through military units.
READ ALSO:
“It is important to emphasise that all legitimate allowances due to troops under Operation HADIN KAI have been paid up to date as of May 2026, with no outstanding issues,” the statement said.
The command explained that the issue referenced in the viral video was linked to an additional incentive paid to soldiers deployed to protect a critical national asset in Tuba, noting that the payment differs from regular operational allowances and depends on the availability of funds.
The statement said the incentive was initially funded by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation before responsibility for the payment was later transferred to the Borno State Government, alongside arrangements involving other security agencies operating in the area.
The Army further disclosed that during an operational visit, troops raised concerns about the pending incentive before the General Officer Commanding 7 Division, Brigadier General Solomon Diwa, who assured them that payment would be processed once funds became available.
Reacting to allegations that the soldier featured in the video was harassed or punished, the Theatre Command dismissed the claim.
“The allegation that the soldier was intimidated or punished is entirely unfounded,” the statement added.
The military also alleged that preliminary findings indicated the video was produced by a content creator known for amplifying grievances from dissatisfied persons within the system, rather than by the soldier himself.
It warned that the circulation of unauthorised materials contravenes the Army’s social media policy and may attract disciplinary action.
The command reiterated that troop welfare remains a priority and said mechanisms had already been established to ensure timely payment of all approved entitlements through collaboration with relevant stakeholders and funding authorities.
Operation HADIN KAI urged members of the public and media organisations to verify information before publication, warning that misinformation could negatively affect troop morale and ongoing counter-insurgency operations in the North-East.
The Army reaffirmed its commitment to restoring peace and stability in the region while maintaining professionalism in its operations.
