Latest news

Oyo; Kidnappers Behead Abducted Teacher Of Esinele Community School


…as Gov. Makinde vows a full-scale effort to secure victims’ release

A horrific spectacle and news have emerged from Oriire Local Government Area of Oyo State following reports that one of the teachers abducted during the attack on schools in Ahoro-Esinele community was allegedly beheaded by kidnappers while in captivity.

According to information going viral within the community on Sunday, one of the teachers taken during the coordinated school invasion was reportedly killed by the abductors, just as a Principal and another teacher with a little Baby strapped on her back were seen in videos crying for help to be rescued.

New Telegraph had earlier reported that the victims were abducted on Friday after armed men, reportedly riding motorcycles, stormed Community High School, Ahoro-Esinele, and Yawota Baptist Nursery and Primary School in a coordinated attack.

Community sources said 46 persons were kidnapped during the invasion, including seven teachers, 39 students and pupils. The reported missing ones had included: Mrs Alamu Folawe, Principal of Community High School; Mr Ojo Jonathan, Vice Principal; Mr Olatunde Zacchaeus; Mr John Olaleye; Mr Michael Oyedokun; Mrs Oladeji; and Mary Akanbi of Yawota Baptist Nursery and Primary School.

Some residents also alleged that the attackers stole four motorcycles from villagers during the operation.

‎Following the harrowing developments, Governor Seyi Makinde has confirmed that security operatives, including soldiers, police officers, and local hunters, have been engaged in fierce battles with the terrorists and in the course of it, some of them were injured.

‎He explained that the operatives were engaged in active operations against the attackers as efforts intensified to rescue abducted teachers and schoolchildren linked to the wider crisis in the area.

‎According to the governor, the injured personnel are currently receiving medical attention and are recovering, with the state government providing full support for their treatment.

‎Makinde described the situation as “very difficult and challenging,” stressing that the government has deployed all available security logistics to respond to the incident and secure the release of the victims.

‎He added that authorities are also coordinating with community and religious leaders as part of broader efforts to ensure the safe return of those abducted.

‎“We are doing everything within our power to ensure that this is resolved quickly and we bring our children back safely,” he said.



Tags :

Related Posts

Must Read

Popular Posts

The Battle for Africa

Rivals old and new are bracing themselves for another standoff on the African continent. By Vadim Samodurov The attack by Tuareg militants and al-Qaeda-affiliated JNIM group (Jama’a Nusrat ul-Islam wa al-Muslimin) against Mali’s military and Russia’s forces deployed in the country that happened on July 27, 2024 once again turned the spotlight on the activities...

I apologise for saying no heaven without tithe – Adeboye

The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has apologised for saying that Christians who don’t pay tithe might not make it to heaven. Adeboye who had previously said that paying tithe was one of the prerequisites for going to heaven, apologised for the comment while addressing his congregation Thursday...

Protesters storm Rivers electoral commission, insist election must hold

Angry protesters on Friday stormed the office of the Rivers State Independent Electoral Commission, singing and chanting ‘Election must hold’. They defied the heavy rainfall spreading canopies, while singing and drumming, with one side of the road blocked. The protest came after the Rivers State governor stormed the RSIEC in the early hours of Friday...

Man who asked Tinubu to resign admitted in psychiatric hospital

The Adamawa State Police Command has disclosed that the 30-year-old Abdullahi Mohammed who climbed a 33 kv high tension electricity pole in Mayo-Belwa last Friday has been admitted at the Yola Psychiatric hospital for mental examination. The Police Public Relations Officer of the command SP Suleiman Nguroje, told Arewa PUNCH on Friday in an exclusive...